Friday 16 August 2013

Slow Cooked Pig Cheeks


A few years ago I had the pleasure of eating at a delicious family owned and run, Spanish restaurant in Richmond, London. My favourite dish, amongst the many, was their pig cheeks.

So last night I decided to make slow cooked pig cheeks, with a side of roasted butternut and tomato vine. It was so delicious, with  a great balance of flavours. Pig cheeks are so tasty and when slow cooked the meat is soft and tender.




The Pig Cheeks were slow cooked in a garlic, onion, bacon, red wine, pinch of flour, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and a dash of water, until the meat was soft and tender.

On the side I oven roasted butternut and tomatoes with olive olive and herbs, to balance the salty pig cheeks.



It was a definite success and I plan to make again at my family reunion this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment