Friday 22 November 2013

Roasted Butternut and Carrot Soup

A few days ago I mentioned how much my partner and I loveee butternut. It is one of my favourite ingredients in soups. I love how sweet, smooth, delicious and rustic it is.

So here is a recipe of how I make this quick yet delicious soup using roasted butternut and carrots:


Ingredients:

1 Large Butternut
5 large Carrots
1 Yellow Onion
1 Bio Chicken Bouillon Cube
5 Cups of Water
1 Knob of Butter
Salt and Pepper
2 Tbsp of Milk
Thyme and Paprika

Method:

1) Pre-heat oven
2) Peel and dice the butternut and carrots
3) Roast the butternut and carrots on baking paper until tender
4) In the pot, fry the onion, thyme, salt and pepper
5) Add the butternut and carrots to the pot when done
6) Add the bouillon and water and bring to boil
7) Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 15 mins
8) Remove from heat and add knob of butter and 2 tbsp of milk
9) Blend the soup (I used a hand mixer)
10) Taste and season with salt and pepper
11) Garnish with paprika and thyme






1 comment:

  1. Nhamm sounds amazing!! im sooo gonna try it!! tk uuu Rikke <3

    ReplyDelete